Welcome to Influenced The Podcast Episode 5! Today we’re talking about adult friendships. Why is making friends as an adult so hard? That’s a question that we tackle in this episode. If you’re struggling with adult friendships, this episode is for you!
Did you miss episode 4?
EPISODE FIVE: Adult Friendships
Christine: Schitt’s Creek (Pregnancy Test Episode)
Lindsay: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick (in Truffle)
Christine: The weather we’ve been having (Hot, Cold, Rainy, etc)
Lindsay: The Nordstrom Sale posts starting early (as of June 17) and telling people to open the Nordstrom card (bad advice to suggest people get in debt to shop a sale early)
Christine and Lindsay both shop the sale and use the credit card, but feel talking about it a month early is overkill.
The Nordstrom sale begins July 12th. Will you be shopping it?
Discussing friendships as an adult
The episode opens with a background on Christine’s and Lindsay’s friendships as 30-something, childless women. We discuss:
- How difficult it is to meet new people
- Putting yourself out there
- Making friends within local blog communities
- Age disparity in the blogging world
- Bumble BFF
- How hard it is to make friends as an introvert
- Toxic friendships and “vampires”
- And more!
We also answer listener questions/thoughts, including:
- Trying to make friends while dealing with infertility/being child-free
- How hard it is to keep female friendships going
- Women who change who they are around others
- Tips to creating lasting friendships
July Book Club: Columbine by Dave Cullen
Going live on July 31st
WE MENTIONED: INFERTILEAF COMMUNITY
Follow us on Instagram @influencedthepodcast
Please subscribe, rate, and review our podcast! It helps us get seen!